Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I would love to have the faith of Mary Magdalane.  It was simple and not complicated, but direct and genuine.  She was more eager to believe and obey then to understand everything.

I find myself, all too often, praying for understanding.  Trying to understand why I am in the situation I am in; trying to understand why I have been so sick; trying to understand what purpose this trial has in the greater scheme of things; and so on.  I should really be praying for His strength to get through the trials and to simply obey,  As a friend wrote - Obeying the Lord is the way to be good without even trying.  God asks of us only two things - believe and obey.  If I have the believing down, why can't I just obey?

I will be changing my prayers; not to understand but for help in obeying.  I think this will lead me to a life of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment