Thursday, March 23, 2017

Why do people go to church?  How do they choose the church? A simpler question is why people leave a church?   My husband recently said that he has heard people say that they leave because they are not, "getting anything" out of it.  He suggests that the real statement should be, "what can I give."  Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."  I agree with my husband.  Too many people choose a church because they can hide in the crowd and not get involved; they do have to be challenged; or they get to say they go to church but don't have to deal with accountability.  It is clear from Hebrews that we are not to ask, (to take from JFK) what can the church do for me, but what we can do for the church.  Not only are we not to neglect meeting together, but we are to encourage each other.  It's hard to encourage if you don't get involved.  It's hard to encourage if you don't meet with each other.  It's hard to encourage if you don't hear the Word.  My encouragement to my fellow believers is to find a church that challenges you with the Word; encourages you with the Love of God; and gives you an opportunity to Love, Learn, and Live the Word of God.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this thank you KC for sharing. God Bless you and Mark.

    ReplyDelete